Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 61 - Rosario and Robberies

Hello!
This week has been crazy. We first on Monday night went to
Rosario. Which was hectic because it was me and my companion and two
other missionaries who almost know zero Spanish. So I was speaking for
us four the whole time. We got there at about 9:45 and I spoke with
Elder Faldmo, my friend from the MTC. He is doing good but he is really
tired of being in the offices though as the finance guy. He has been
there 7 months.

Tuesday morning we woke up and did all our paperwork so we can stay in
the country. We and Elder Faldmo had chili for lunch, which I haven´t
had for over a year. haha It was really good. I waited for the other
three missionaries to get back from doing their paperwork. When they
got back we went to McDonalds and I ordered all of us a bunch of food.
I forget to mention I carried all the missionary packages to Pergamino
which you will find out was a blessing.

We got back to Pergamino and then we had divisions with my district.
I went with an Elder who has three weeks left in the mission and he is
dying to get home. It made things hard but we found some new people.
In the morning we contacted a little street with two houses. We
contacted the first one and no one came out, so I thought lets go to
an area where there are more houses. Then I looked at the other house
and realized I had to contact it also. I clapped in front of the house
and a lady came out. All I said was como esta? and she told us to wait
and she came and opened the door and let us right in. Miracle, the
lord prepares people. Then during lunch there was a missionary who was
under a lot of stress and I gave him a kind of pep talk to help him. I
don´t remember what I said really, I guess that is how the spirit works.
 The spirit puts the words there and we don´t remember them
because they aren´t ours. He is a great elder and will be fine, we all
have low days.

We went out and worked again that night and we knocked on a ladies
door and she opened the door just a little and said oh sorry I thought
you knocked on my door but you knocked on the one next door. And I
said no, we knocked on your door. She didn´t wanna talk at all so I
just asked her how she was and we talked. She told me one time the
missionaries came by and they had a prayer with her and she found work
the next day. Then she proceeded to tell us her husband doesn´t have
work. I asked if we could come in and say a prayer with her for him
and she said yes. At the end of the lesson she said she wasn´t going
to let us in but for some reason she changed her mind. "a mighty
change of heart" Then she asked when we would come back. It was
awesome!

The next day I got a phone call from the Zone leaders and they told
me that when they had returned home from Rosario the night before that
they had been robbed. They entered the pench and when they were
unloading things a man entered in behind them and he had a gun. He said
get down on the ground. He then took their cameras and DVD player and
money and lastly he took the suitcase that had all of the packages
and letters in it from the mission home for the missionaries. Luckily there wasn´t alot of
stuff because I had gone to Rosario two days before.

Then on the weekend we enjoyed listening to the conference in English
with all the American missionaries in a little room in the stake
center. I took many notes that I'm excited to look over during my study
time.

Mom tell me what talks that you liked! And I want you to send me
pictures OK! Of everything that is happening as you always told me
"it´s a two way street" I send you send ;)

Mom I have an elder who is willing to take things home to you guys if
you would like. So if there is anything that you would like go ahead
and tell me. Tell me sizes and whatever it is and tell me by next week
So I can get it and send it to you in the next three weeks OK. I love
you mom and I hope all is well with you and the family
Love your son

Questions from home:

Did your T-shirt fit?
Yeah it fits pretty good. It might be a little big but that is cuz I am a little smaller I think.

Is the weather starting to get cold?  
Yeah winter is knocking on the door already here.

Are all the ruthless soccer kids LDS? Or do just random kids
gather to play?
The random kids are the ones who play ruthless the members play very appropriate with the missionaries.
Do you eat at the Bishops every Sunday?  
Yes, for the most part

No comments:

Post a Comment